Summer Special Training: EAST, 2018
DATE & REGISTRATION:
June 13th – 17th, 2018
Registration: Wednesday the 13th strictly between 3:00pm – 9:00pm.
DON’T BE LATE! Be considerate of those running registration – they will need rest as well!
(In the event of late arrival please call the contact information provided at the bottom.)
S.T. LEADER: TBD
Participation Fee: $375.00 USD
Late fee in effect if postmarked after May 28th (+$50.00 USD) No exceptions.
Make checks payable to “Shotokan Karate of America”.
Mail application with payment to:
(Please save trees – print 2X SIDED)
Shotokan Karate of America
P.O. Box 2083
01004 – 2083
Members MUST be current on annual dues to SKA to participate in Special Training.
Be prepared to submit annual dues upon registration.
NOTE: APPLICATIONS SUBMITTED ELECTRONICALLY IS NOT FULL REGISTRATION.
FORMS INCLUDING PAYMENT MUST BE PHYSICALLY MAILED.
*** NOTICE FOR SHODAN CANDIDATES ***
Include a separate check/payment of $425.00 USD with S.T. registration.
(Includes 1.5 years of BBC dues + cost of new embroidered black belt.)
Payment is 100% refundable in the event of not passing the Dan test.
Recommending senior’s name, signature and date of signature, ARE REQUIRED on the S.T. registration form.
*** NIDAN / SANDAN CANDIDATES:
Indicate your intent to test on the S.T. registration form regardless of its designation for Shodans.
Recommending senior’s name, signature, rank for which you are testing and date of signature, ARE REQUIRED.
Majority single rooms – some double rooms in on-site dorm facility.
One bathroom per dorm hall.
Bed, linens, pillow, blanket, and towels are provided.
Free campus Wifi. “Hampguest” No password required.
Meals in campus dining commons. (Note: First meal: Thursday morning).
Laundry machines are within dorm facility – detergent not provided.
Practices will alternate between the indoor gym and outdoor fields.
HEALTH & SAFETY:
- Cover any and all preexisting open cuts or wounds with dressings from your own First Aid supplies that can withstand the rigors of Special Training practices.
- Bring mouth-guards and sparring gloves.
- TRIM fingernails and toes nails BEFORE Special Training!
- A first-aid kit and AED will be on-hand at each practice.
- Use sunscreen for outdoor practices.
- BE ADVISED: Certain practices will be outdoors. Anticipate the risk of bee stings and or sunburn. If susceptible, provide your own EpiPen(s) clearly named and labeled.
PROVIDE TRAVEL INFORMATION AS EARLY AS POSSIBLE.
Pickup/Drop-off service to Bradley Int. Airport (BDL) by local dojo members will be provided.
Pickup/Drop-off to nearby bus and or train terminals will be provided.
Bus stops and train stations are located in Amherst and Northampton.
Indicate ONLY the following via email to the contact at the bottom. (Do not forward your entire itinerary.)
- Your name,
- Arrival airline/train/bus,
- Arrival flight/train/bus#
- Scheduled time of arrival,
- Departure airline/train/bus,
- Departure flight/train/bus#
- Scheduled time of departure.
- Your mobile contact number.
*** NOTE: Last minute changes in travel itinerary occurring on the day of registration might be subject to non-pickup. In the event of a delay or late arrival, be prepared to call for cab service when no other impromptu arrangements can be made.
*** Those traveling by car/carpool will receive tags for parking privileges on campus.